Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Year, MORE COMICS!

Since falling in love with comics nearly five years ago (wow has it been that long?!) I knew I needed to share that love with the world. Two years ago I created the persona THATCOMICGIRL and knew that I needed to do something with it. During those two years I booted up the blog, ironically called ThatComicGirl, where I would rant about the comics I loved as well as the world that surrounded it. Despite the passion that was there for it, real life smacked me right in the face, and while I tried several times to keep up with it, it just didn't happen.

Part of me wants to use the excuse that I wasn't happy that my website was based on the Tumblr platform, and that I couldn't exactly fulfill the dream layout and format that had always existed in my head. The idea of moving it to Blogspot was always there, but the idea of moving to a website I wasn't exactly familiar with was just so god damn intimidating. That and I'm lazy and wasn't willing to learn the format of an entirely new website when I was already so familiar with something like Tumblr. But let's be honest Tumblr is fun, and I love it to pieces (P.s if you're not following me you should.) but it's a terrible host for a website, at least on the scale that I always imagined ThatComicGirl.




2016 came and went, and within those last few weeks I decided it was time to get serious. Comics, and the world that comes with it, is my passion, something I hold extremely dear to my heart that words will never be able to fully explain. A platform to express that love was something I absolutely needed in my life. We're 10 days into 2017 and I'm so happy to say that ThatComicGirl is here! This is the year it's going to happen and nothing is going to stop me.

I was to thank all my friends, family and followers that have supported me over the years. As well as the many that I hope will tag along for this wonderfully magnificent journey. I can't wait to share with you all the comics I've been reading (and that you should probably reading too). But this isn't just about me, it's about us. If I can help just one person help find a comic that they love then I will be the happiest gal in the entire world, because in the end COMICS ARE FOR EVERYONE! 

Xoxo Mars




No comments:

Post a Comment